-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

New style employment and support allowance

This overview explains the basic rules, rates of payment and how to claim new style employment and support allowance (ESA) and links to related information on the work capability assessment.

Who can get it?

How to claim it

How much is it?

Going into hospital

Where can I get more help or information?

You cannot now claim income-related employment and support allowance unless you are already getting contributory employment and support allowance. You must claim universal credit instead.

Was this page useful - Yes or No?

For further information on welfare rights, education issues and social care you will find our factsheets/guides here or for more detailed information you can order a copy of the Disability Rights Handbook from our shop