-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

Universal credit in hospital

Universal credit

If you go into hospital, your universal credit is not affected.

Universal credit will be reduced if your partner goes into hospital for more than six months. You will need to claim as a single person.

If one of your children, or a qualifying young person you are responsible for, goes into hospital, your award will be reduced if they are in for more than six months.

If the person you are caring for goes into hospital, the carer amount will no longer be included in your universal credit award once you no longer meet the qualifying conditions for carer's allowance.

Was this page useful? - Yes or No?