-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

Universal credit: education

You may be able to claim universal credit if you are on a course of full-time advanced education and you are entitled to attendance allowance, disability living allowance or personal independence payment and you have a limited capability for work.

If you have not yet been assessed as having a limited capability for work, your claim for universal credit will probably be turned down. Therefore, you should also claim ‘new-style’ ESA to have your limited capability for work assessed.

If you are making a joint claim and just one of you is in full-time education, you may still qualify for universal credit.

For more help, contact our Disabled Students Helpline: tel: 0330 995 0414 or email: students@disabilityrightsuk.org

Was this page useful? - Yes or No?