-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

Motability qualifying benefit

The Motability Scheme

You can use this scheme to lease a car or powered wheelchair or scooter if you have been awarded one of the following benefits:

  • disability living allowance or child disability payment higher rate mobility component
  • personal independence payment or adult disability payment enhanced rate mobility component
  • armed forces independence payment
  • war pensioners’ mobility supplement

To use the Motability scheme, your qualifying benefit must usually have at least 12 months still to run.

For more information, go to Motability's eligibility checker

Previously on Motability but lost it when you were moved from disability living allowance to personal independence payment? You may be entitled to a compensation payment

Refused a qualifying benefit or your award is too short?  Get help by entering your postcode on the advicelocal website to find an advice centre in your area.

Alternatively see our information on where to get advice

Was this page useful? Yes or No?