-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

What if I am working and getting carer's allowance?

Carer's Allowance

If you get carer’s allowance, you are allowed to work but must not earn more than £132 a week after tax, national insurance contributions and half of any pension contributions you make have been taken into account.

If you pay someone to look after either the person you care for or any of your children who are under the age of 16, you can have these payments offset against up to half of any net earnings you receive. You cannot do this if the payments are made to a close relative. A close relative is the parent, partner, son, daughter, brother or sister of you or the person you care for.

Was this page useful? - Yes or No?