-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

Request your personal information from the Department for Work and Pensions

29 May 2018

You have the right to get a copy of the information that is held about you. This is known as 'right of access' in data protection law.

Contact the office that pays your benefit if you:

  • need proof you’re claiming benefits
  • need a record of the amounts (rates) of benefit you get and the dates you’re paid
  • need a copy of your last fit note
  • are a Solicitor or other third party requesting information on behalf of someone else

You can find their contact details in guidance about the benefit, or on a letter they’ve sent you.

If you’re claiming Universal Credit and have an online account, you can request this information through your journal.

Request a copy of the information that DWP holds about you