Workplace Pension Events
The Pensions Regulator & Disability Rights UK - Seminars on the Workplace Pension in March.
"Whether you're a hairdresser, an architect or employ a personal care assistant, if you employ at least one person you are an employer and you have certain legal duties."
Disability Rights UK (DR UK), in partnership with the Pensions Regulator, have organised a series of free short seminars to explain the auto-enrolment system and answer any questions people may have.
These seminars are useful for:
- Employers of personal care assistants
- Organisations that support them
- Relevant staff from local authorities
- Clinical commissioning groups
The law on workplace pensions has changed
Under the Pensions Act 2008, every employer must put certain staff into a pension scheme, and contribute towards it- a system called auto-enrolment - and this includes employers of personal care assistants.
You will hear directly from a representative of the Pension Regulator about how the law on workplace pensions has changed, what you need to do, and when. There will also be an opportunity for you to get answers to your questions and discuss any concerns you may have.
2017 Dates and venues
All sessions run from 1.30pm - 3.30pm (Registration from 1:00pm)
- London – 7th March – Scope, 6 Market Road, London, N7 9PW - Register
- Cardiff – 14th March - Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, Castle Street, Cardiff, CF10 1XD - Register
- Arrival and Refreshments
- Introducing Auto Enrolment - Presentation from the Pension Regulator
- Your questions answered
- Round up of the afternoon and signposting to helpful resources
- individual employers and workplace pension schemes for personal assistants - Disability Rights UK factsheet
- Auto enrolment - Low Incomes Tax reform Guide