Workplace Pension Events
The Pensions Regulator & Disability Rights UK - Seminars on the Workplace Pension during February and March.
Disability Rights UK (DR UK), in partnership with the Pensions Regulator, have organised a series of free short seminars to explain the auto-enrolment system and answer any questions people may have.
Don’t ignore the Workplace Pension - link to video
The law on workplace pensions has changed.
- Under the Pensions Act 2008, every employer must put certain staff into a pension scheme, and contribute towards it- a system called auto-enrolment - and this includes employers of personal care assistants.
You will hear directly from a representative of the Pension Regulator about how the law on workplace pensions has changed, what you need to do, and when. There will also be an opportunity for you to get answers to your questions and discuss any concerns you may have.
Previous 2016 Attendees
- Employers of personal care assistants
- Organisations that support them
- Relevant staff from local authorities
- Clinical commissioning groups
2017 Dates and venues
All sessions run from 1.30pm - 3.30pm (Registration from 1:00pm)
- Chester – 8th February - Quaker Meeting House, Union Walk, Frodsham St, Chester CH1 3LF - Register
- Newcastle – 14th February - Quaker Meeting House, West Ave, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4ES - Register
- Edinburgh – 15th February - Quaker Meeting House, 7 Victoria Terrace, Edinburgh EH1 2JL - Register
- London – 7th March – Scope, 6 Market Road, London, N7 9PW - Register
- Cardiff – 14th March - Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre, Castle Street, Cardiff, CF10 1XD - Register
- Arrival and Refreshments
- Introducing Auto Enrolment - Presentation from the Pension Regulator
- Your questions answered
- Round up of the afternoon and signposting to helpful resources