Local welfare assistance schemes in England

Your local authority can issue grants and loans to meet a crisis or to help you with independent living.

Each local authority runs a different scheme.

To check out the help in your area go to either the Child Poverty Action website or the Chidren's Society website

Recent reports say that some authorities have now closed their schemes but you should still check to make sure.

Was this page useful - Yes or No?