-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

Help with council tax

Council tax support is the help you can get with your council tax payments in England, Scotland and Wales. In Northern Ireland you have to pay rates instead of council tax.

The amount of council tax that you must pay varies from authority to authority but it is based on the property band that applies to your home.

What help can I get with my council tax bill?

Challenging a council tax decision 

More information and advice

Was this page useful? - Yes or No?

For further information on welfare rights, education issues and social care you will find our factsheets/guides here or for more detailed information you can order a copy of the Disability Rights Handbook from our shop