-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

Disabled children and the bedroom tax

If you have a child who is not reasonably able to share a room because of their disability and they get the care component of disability living allowance at the middle or highest rate, you will be allowed an additional bedroom for them. In such a case, the Department for Work and Pensions must consider the nature and frequency of the care your child needs during the night, and the extent and regularity of the disturbance to the sleep of the child who would normally have to share the bedroom with them.

Was this page useful? - Yes or No?