-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

What if I disagree with my universal credit decision?

Universal credit

If you are not happy with the decision made about your universal credit, you must first ask the Department for Work and Pensions to look at your decision again. This is called a ‘mandatory reconsideration’.

If you disagree with a reconsidered decision, you can then take your case to an independent appeal tribunal.

For more information, see appeals and mandatory reconsiderations

You should get local help to challenge your decision. Enter your postcode on the advicelocal website and find an advice centre in your area.

Was this page useful? - Yes or No?