-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

Universal credit and other means tested benefits

Check whether you can claim universal credit in your area

Universal credit will eventually replace the following benefits:

  • child tax credit

  • housing benefit

  • income-related employment and support allowance

  • income-based jobseeker's allowance

  • income support

  • working tax credit

Other benefits (eg personal independence payment) will remain largely unchanged by the new system.

You can also still get contribution based employment and support allowance and jobseeker's allowance if you qualify for these.

Was this page useful? - Yes or No?

Even if you are in a full universal credit area you can still claim contributory employment and support allowance and contribution-based jobseeker's allowance. You may be told you can't. Get help if this happens.