-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

Student related website links

ableize disability directory
Covers all aspects of disability from arts, education, sports and support and contains the largest UK disabled groups and clubs section on the Internet with listings for all UK counties.

advisory centre for education
ACE provides information and advice to parents and carers on school-based issues including admissions, exclusions, special educational needs, bullying and attendance. Advice is usually given by telephone, or email.

agcas (association of graduate careers advisory services)
Has policy information concerning graduating disabled students.

the alliance for inclusive education
This is a network of local groups and individuals working for a fully inclusive education system. They offer a range of publications, briefings and campaign materials.

bbc website
Has an online student finance calculator.

child poverty action group (cpag) in scotland
Produces the Benefits for Students in Scotland Handbook.

department for employment and learning northern ireland
Aim is to promote learning and skills, to prepare people for work and to support the economy.

disability law service (dls)
DLS provides advice and information on these six areas of law - Disability Discrimination, Consumer, Community Care, Further and Higher Education, Employment and Welfare Benefits (Greater London Area only).

equality and human rights commission
The Commissions has produced a new equality rights guide for FE and HE students. This guide is one of a series produced which explains your rights to equality from further (FE) and higher education (HE) providers under the Equality Act 2010. This Act combines established rights with new rights and makes equality law easier to understand and more effective.

funding education
Formed to offer a reference point on planning, saving and working to fund education. Useful if you are trying to fund your way through university or a parent planning your child's schooling or further education.

independent parental special education advice
IPSEA provides free, legally based independent advice and support in England and Wales. Its advice line offers help with issues such as problems with schools; requesting statutory assessment; proposed statements; annual reviews; possible disability discrimination and exclusion from school.

lead scotland
Lead Scotland, (Specialists in Linking Education and Disability), is a voluntary organisation set up to widen access to learning for disabled young people and adults and carers across Scotland.

Provides accessible curriculum resources to support learners who cannot use standard print materials, particularly those with dyslexia or who are blind or partially sighted.

Has 20 key facts every potential student, parent and grandparent should know.

my plus students club 
Offers advice and support to students, and a recruitment platform to employers.

national union of students
A confederation of local student representative organisations in colleges and universities throughout the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.

open university services for disabled students
Information about help related to study needs, finances and course materials. Since its foundation the OU has welcomed disabled students and developed its services for them. It now has more disabled students than the entire student numbers at some universities.

st john’s school for the deaf
T his is a day and boarding school for hearing impaired pupils aged 3 to 19. In 2007 it became a specialist school for sensory and physical impairments. The school is based in West Yorkshire.

the snowdon trust
The Snowdon Trust provide grants to physically disabled and sensory impaired students studying in the UK – in further or higher education or those training towards employment. These Grants help cover additional costs that students incur as a result of their disability and where available statutory funding does not cover them. Costs include vital support such as sign language interpreters, people to take notes, computers, specialist software, wheelchairs or special accommodation and equipment.

the student room
World's biggest online student community, get study help, personal & professional advice & access to student guides.

uk council for international student affairs
Promotes and seeks to protect the interests of students from other countries studying in the UK as well as the interest of students from the UK studying - or wishing to study abroad.

The official website for comparing UK higher education course data. It Includes official data on each university and college's satisfaction scores in the National Student Survey, jobs and salaries after study and other key information for prospective students.

which? university
Free-to-use, independent source of expert information and advice to help students find the right degree course and university for them.