-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

Links to government departments

adjudicator's office
For complaints about HM Revenue and Customs,  National Insurance Contributions Office, Customs & Excise, the Valuation Office Agency and the Public Guardianship Office.

british and irish ombudsman association
The ombudsman undertakes independent investigations into complaints about government departments and other public bodies.

business services organisation
Responsible for the provision of support services of Health and Social Services in Northern Ireland.

care quality commission
Regulates health and adult social care services in England , whether they're provided by the NHS, local authorities, private companies or voluntary organisations. Also protects the rights of people detained under the Mental Health Act. Formerly the Healthcare Commission, Commission for Social Care Inspection and the Mental Health Act Commission.

corporate document services
Website for ordering government publications.

courts and tribunals service 
Provides common administrative support to the courts and tribunals.

department for business, energy and industrial strategy
The department brings together responsibilities for business, industrial strategy, science, innovation, energy, and climate change.

department for communities and local government
Has information on housing and disabled facilities grants.

department for communities (northern ireland) 
You can access the following from this site:

department for education
The Department for Education is responsible for education, children’s services, higher and further education policy, apprenticeships and wider skills in England, and equalities.

department for work and pensions (dwp)
Has the following online.

department of health

disability and carers service
Aims to help disabled people and carers to lead independent lives by administering and delivering, disability benefits, providing advice on benefits, and supporting the Government's commitment to increasing the inclusion of disabled people in society. Now part of the Pension, Disability and Carers Service.

equalities office
Responsible for equalities legislation and policy in the UK.

equality and human rights commission
This website incorporates the Commission for Racial Equality (CRE) the Disability Rights Commission (DRC) and the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC).

healthy start
Explains the new scheme which has replaced the welfare food scheme.

hm revenue and customs
Has information on child benefits, income tax and tax credits.

Online access to Acts of Parliament and Statutory Instruments. Part of the office of public sector information.

houses of parliament
For government bills and hansard.

independent case examiner
Deals with complaints about the Child Support Agency, Debt Management, Disability and Carers Service, the Financial Assistance Scheme, Jobcentre Plus, Child Maintenance and Enforcement Division ( Northern Ireland), the Northern Ireland Social Security Agency, the Pension Service and the Rent Service.

industrial injuries advisory council
An independent statutory body set up in 1946 to advise the Secretary of State on matters relating to the industrial injuries scheme.

institute of revenues rating and valuation (irrv)
Claims to be the largest professional institution operating in the field of revenues, benefits and valuation. Used to have a free resource of relevant acts, case law, circulars, guidance, regulations etc. but this is now subscription only.

jobcentre plus
You can find information about jobcentre plus services.

Information on the administration and regulation of the justice system in England and Wales can be found on this website. Provides information on how to appeal. Also has downloadable forms and internal guidance for tribunals.

land and property services
Part of the Department of Finance. Responsible for the collection and recovery of rates in Northern Ireland on behalf of Central Government and the Province's 26 district councils as well as the management of the housing benefit scheme for those ratepayers who are owner-occupiers and the disabled person's allowance scheme.

ministry of justice
Responsible for policy on the overall criminal, civil, family and administrative justice system, including sentencing policy, as well as the courts, tribunals, legal aid and constitutional reform.

national audit office
The National Audit Office scrutinises public spending on behalf of Parliament. It is totally independent of Government.

national savings and investments
Has an online caculator for index linked savings certificates and a neat spreadsheet calculator for certificates going back ten years.

ni direct
Northern Ireland's version of Gov UK.

number 10
Website for 10 Downing Street. Has a section where government departments set out their business plans and timetables for achieving them.

office for disability issues 
Aims to be the focal point within government to coordinate disability policy across all departments. Also aims to reach out to organisations and individuals at every step, and create and put into action plans to improve the lives of disabled people.

office of the public guardian
Responsible for providing services which promote the financial and social well being of people with mental incapacity. Publishes a booklet on enduring power of attorney.

office of public sector information
Provides online access to UK legislation (including hmso) licenses the re-use of Crown copyright material, manages the Information Fair Trader Scheme, maintains the Government’s Information Asset Register and provides advice and guidance on official publishing and Crown copyright.

office of tax simplification
The Office has been established to provide advice to the Chancellor on simplifying the UK tax system, with the objective of reducing compliance burdens on both businesses and individual taxpayers.

official documents website
Contains a selection of Government titles covering a very broad range of topics including the economy, work and welfare, health, transport and the environment. This includes Command Papers (sometimes known as White or Green Papers) and House of Commons Papers.

pensions at work
Aims to promote good practice in employer pension provision.

hm revenue and customs
Has information on tax credits. 

scottish assessors
Compiles and maintains the business rating and council tax valuation lists for Scotland. You can search your property valuation online.

social security advisory committee
Contains a description of the role of SSAC, details of the latest consultations and lists of past reports.

tax credits
Part of the HM Revenue and Customs website. Has forms, leaflets, manuals and legislation online.

valuation office agency
Compiles and maintains the business rating and council tax valuation lists for England and Wales. You can search your property valuation online.

veterans uk
The website of the Service Personnel Veterans Agency, the agency responsible for administering war pensions and the war pensioner's welfare service.