-A A +A
Select color visibility that suits you Basic theme Dark theme Darker theme Text only

Council tax property bands

Back to main council tax support page

The amount of council tax that you must pay varies from authority to authority but it is based on the property band that applies to your home.

These bands are:

  • A to H in England and Scotland
  • A to I in Wales.

You pay the lowest council tax if your home is classed as band A and the highest if your home is classed as band H or I. See which band your property is in

Was this page useful? - Yes or No?